Tim Hughes has been with the firm and its predecessors since 2007, and currently serves as head of the Reston, VA office. He has over twenty years of experience tailoring to the goals of business owners, families, real estate developers, profit sharing plans, and retirees.
Tim specializes in helping charitably inclined families optimize their philanthropic goals and applying collateralized lending strategies to help business owners and investors bridge uneven cash flow needs. He has a passion for renewable energy strategies and has been involved in the firm’s impact investing initiative.
Tim has been quoted in industry publications, and authored articles on donor advised funds, cyber security awareness, and creating a long-term investment roadmap. He was also named one of Washingtonian Magazine’s 2020 Top Advisors in the greater DC area.
In his free time, Tim enjoys traveling with his wife, as well as golfing and exercising. He dedicates time to local volunteer initiatives and is a member of the Board of Advisors for the Madison Investment Fund, a student managed investment fund at James Madison University.
- Managing Director at Bronfman Rothschild
- Director at Highline Wealth Management
- Senior Analyst at Convergent Wealth Advisors (formerly Lydian Wealth Management)
- Investment Advisory Services Manager at Wealth and Tax Advisory Services (now Andersen Tax)
- Associate at Arthur Andersen LLP
Education & Credentials
- BBA, James Madison University, Finance
- Certified Financial Planner™
- Series 65 license