A dedicated advisor with over 30 years of experience, John joined the firm in 2017 after serving for a decade as CEO of Capital Fiduciary Advisors, an independent RIA firm that he founded in 2006.
John and his team pride themselves on providing clients with objective, unbiased investment and financial planning advice while delivering the highest level of service.
Among other accolades, he was included in Forbes‘ list of “Best-In-State Wealth Advisors” for the last two years, and was named a 2022 “Top Financial Advisor” by Washingtonian Magazine. He has been recognized as one of DC’s “Premier Wealth Advisors” by The National Association of Board-Certified Advisory Practices and received SmartCEO Magazine‘s “Washington DC’s Top Money Manager Award” in 2015.
John is an active member of the Financial Planning Association, Investments & Wealth Institute, the U.S. Social Investment Forum, and the SRI Research Association. He is also a member of several local organizations, currently serving on the Board of Directors for Lead Virginia and as a member/Treasurer of 100 Women Strong.
- CEO at Capital Fiduciary Advisors
- Managing Director at Anderson Tax
- Managing Director at Prudential Financial
Education & Credentials
- BA, Shepherd University, Business Management
- Executive Certifications, American College
- Certified Financial Planner™
- Accredited Investment Fiduciary®
- Chartered Life Underwriter®
- Chartered Financial Consultant®
- Series 65 license