John Thiel is an Assistant Vice President and Advisor in the San Rafael office.
John’s passion for wealth management started at a young age when in his junior year of high school, his father set up a small account for him to invest in stocks. He really enjoyed the process of learning how to best manage money. Over time and through meetings with his family’s financial advisor, he found that he enjoyed learning about the diverse world of finance and business. He was also impressed at how the industry offered the opportunity to do work that leads to long-term, meaningful changes and support in clients’ lives.
An avid learner, John garnered international experiences while at Sacramento State University by spending a year in a study abroad program at the Oxford Brookes University in Oxford, United Kingdom. He also spent a summer volunteering in Colombia, helping to find creative ways to acquire grants for a charity dedicated to the elderly and to children’s education. He completed his MBA with an emphasis in Financial Planning from California Lutheran University in 2020.
In his spare time, you can find him hanging out with his family in the countryside, traveling around the world, or hiking one of the many scenic trails in Marin.
- Financial Advisor at Private Ocean Wealth Management
- Associate Financial Advisor at Fountainhead Wealth
- Financial Service Professional at MassMutual Northern California
- Financial Representative at Northwestern Mutual
Education & Credentials
- Certified Financial Planner™
- MBA, California Lutheran University, Financial Planning
- BS, Sacramento State University, Business with a concentration in International Business