Mr. Even is a Senior Vice President and Wealth Strategist for Tax Policy and Research on the Family Office Services team. He specializes in advanced income tax planning, estate planning, business structuring, tax controversies, international taxation, and structuring commercial and financial transactions.
He brings several years of experience as an advanced planning attorney in a boutique tax firm servicing family offices and ultra-high net worth clients. Mr. Even also has experience as a litigation partner in an AV-rated national law firm defending clients in state courts, as a consultant for a Big Four Accounting firm structuring federal tax aspects of international outbound transactions, and as a clinical law school professor administering a tax clinic and teaching Tax Practice and Procedures.
Mr. Even has an LL.M. in Taxation from New York University School of Law, a J.D. from St. Thomas University School of Law, and a B.B.A. from the University of Iowa. He was named to the 2022 and 2023 lists of Illinois Leading Lawyers in Closely and Privately Held Business Law, Business and Individual Tax Law, and Trust, Will, and Estate Planning Law.
- Senior Tax Attorney – Advanced Planning & Family Office Practice Group at Handler Thayer, LLP
- Tax Fellow and Director – Low-Income Tax Clinic at St. Thomas University School of Law
- Partner at Lydecker Diaz
- Tax Senior – Global Strategies Group at Deloitte Tax, LLP
Education & Credentials
- LL.M. in Taxation, New York University School of Law
- J.D., St. Thomas University School of Law
- B.B.A., The University of Iowa, International Business Certificate
- Bar Admission – FL, IL, TX, and U.S. Tax Court
*Please Note: Limitations. The achievement of any professional designation, certification, degree, or license, recognition by publications, media, or other organizations, membership in any professional organization, or any amount of prior experience or success, should not be construed by a client or prospective client as a guarantee that he/she will experience a certain level of results or satisfaction if Wealthspire is engaged, or continues to be engaged, to provide investment advisory services.