Fred Dopfel is Strategic Advisor and a member of the Wealthspire Investment Committee.
Fred has worked as an investment professional in the San Francisco Bay Area for more than 35 years. He is a recognized authority in the asset management industry and has advised many of the world’s leading institutional investors on portfolio issues and solutions throughout Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. Previously, he was managing director and head of client advisory at BlackRock, the world’s largest asset manager. Fred’s professional experience includes: corporate finance and strategy consulting to Fortune 500 companies; mergers & acquisitions for the financial services industry; reinsurance and alternative risk financing; venture capital; and, asset management advice for pensions, foundations, endowments, sovereign wealth funds and individual investors.
Fred is currently a professor in the School of Business at Dominican University of California, where he teaches courses in investments and other finance-related topics. He has authored numerous papers on total-portfolio investment issues and solutions.
- Investment Committee Chair, Principal, at Private Ocean Wealth Management
- Managing Director, BlackRock
- Senior Vice President, Zurich Centre Group
Education & Credentials
- PhD, Stanford University, Engineering – Economic Systems
- MS, Stanford University, Operations Research
- BS, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Mathematics